13 June, 2006

tuesday

I just ran across this map on somebody else's blog, so I took it...this is the oldest map showing the State of Jefferson. Yreka, CA was to be the capitol.

But Jefferson is for next month, and I'm torn for this weekend. 101 south is a great ride and I haven't seen the ocean in months...but the North Cascades Highway beckons. Just have to let the radar map ( http://www.wunderground.com/radar/map.asp )decide Saturday morning.

I got an email this morning from a much more far-ranging traveler this morning, Thom is riding eastern Australia at the moment

(the link to his blog, RealityCheck, is over there >)

and I would be hard-pressed to be more jealous. "The Loop" (all the way around Oz) has been a dream of mine for years. He's not doing that (or I'd have to bludgeon him unconscious with a rolled-up ANZAC hat), but is riding in Australia and I (and probably most of you) am not. He says "Hi", by the way.

Now go look at his blog, because Tuesday though it may be to the rest of the world, it's my Monday- so off to the j-o-b (...must...support...motorcycle...habit...).

-coho

3 comments:

  1. Good God what a handsome fellow on that glorious white Honda!

    Nice blog. Good pictures. Must ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and thanks for the link mi droog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pissing image has you facing the wrong way!

    Comet

    ReplyDelete