11 July, 2006

tuesday

'Bout damn time I got some motorcycle stuff on here. It's been all coke, hookers and bad internet service for a week. Luckily, I got home from work last night and UPS Claus had left me a RAM mount for my camera (a present for you and me). WooHoo! Toys!

So, here are all the bits.


And here are all the bits installed. One Allen wrench, one drop of blue LocTite, two minutes.


This is the view with the camera mounted (I can't take a picture of the mount with the camera on it for assorted reasons). I probably ought to wash the windscreen. Bug guts are interesting sometimes, but...


In case I want to document any...indiscretions (or beat an undeserved ticket).


When it comes off (two seconds, twist & squeeze) this is all that stays on the bike. It can be attached with any of the eight handlebar bolts with the included adapter. I chose that one.

(Oddly enough, the FJR1300 uses the same adapter/ball & tab doowhacky, Germano-Japanese crossover is pretty uncommon in accessories.)

2 comments:

  1. so, where are the pictures? You've had the nifty thing for a while now I want images! come and visit when I return from MotoGP it will be well worth your time.

    Comet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures of what? Me working? Not very entertaining, really. It's all I've been doing lately, but I'm off and photographing Friday afternoon. Probably not too much photographing on Friday, that afternoon and evening are for The Great Superslab Extravaganza. Since I was gonna leave on Thursday I've gotta make up some time. I'll probably even motel on Friday so I can ride later and not have to pitch in the dark. The fun part is the leisurely comin' back, anyhoo.

    ReplyDelete