22 August, 2006

tuesday

Last weekend I went to my 20th high school reunion.
(Apparently I'm not the only one who got old.)
While I was there, my Mom (hi Mom!) gave me a picture that I think is all too appropriate here.

Me with my first bike.

I swear I thought overalls and socks were proper gear.

(ToteGote of unknown vintage.)

4 comments:

  1. Nice cat. What was the reunion like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a totegoat. I loved the thing. Mine had a two speed!

    Comet

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat (Buddha) was five or six years older than me and had decided I was "his". My childhood bodyguard was a fifteen pound whirling, meowing pinwheel of tiny knives.

    The reunion was good. Everybody (mostly) grew up okay. Some of the girls grew up really okay.

    Comet, I would pay $10 to see you riding a ToteGote now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that this picture was taken before all of those 'pesky' helmet laws.

    ReplyDelete