04 December, 2006

monday

Seattle International Motorcycle Show 2006



I must start with the BUB streamliner. Because it was right inside the door we came in through. And because it's the fastest motorcycle in the world. If you can't make out the numbers on the nose it says 350.884mph, on 5 September 2006. That's so much faster than just ordinary fast that ordinary fast really has no business calling itself fast at all. Probably doesn't corner for shit, though.



V4, of course.


Yes, all sporting motorcycles are required to be really, really uncomfortable. That is a very tiny cockpit (pilot-hole). That kid couldn't have been more than eight and it didn't look like even he could get in there.


All around the BUB 'liner were the prized possessions of local riders. These are the ones that really caught my eye. The Indian 3wheeler is a reproduction, but it has the added nifty factor of being electric so it's still about half as cool as the real thing would have been. If it was just a copy...meh.
That's all I've got for tonight. I'm tired.
.
Coming Soon: More Cool Vintage Stuff, The Bike I Want Next, Choppers!Choppers!Choppers! and more.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of helmet should I wear when riding that BUB streamliner? And do I have to sign an organ donor's card to ride one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - "That's so much faster than just ordinary fast that ordinary fast really has no business calling itself fast at all". Have you read Hitchhikers guide to galaxy? That sentence of yours had the same style used throughout that crazy book. 350 mph! woo..

    ReplyDelete