10 December, 2006

sunday

Seattle International Motorcycle Show 2006
Part The Second

The Tallest Rideable Motorcycle In The World (not at the show)
Pictured here with builder Gregory Dunham of California. I did not take this picture, but I wanted to show how much bigger it is than...

BigToe - Previously The Tallest Rideable Motorcycle In The World (at the show)

SmallToe - The Smallest Rideable Motorcycle In The World
(at the show)
Pictured here with builder Tom Wiburg of Hökerum, Sweden (also responsible for BigToe, both bikes are owned by CTEK batteries of Sweden). I did not take this picture except in that I "took" it from the Guinness website. The picture I did take was incredibly blurry because people kept whacking into me and I gave up on a good picture figuring that something which is a World Record anything has probably already had its picture taken at some point.
Ooo! Shiny!
Is it just me, or is adding pounds and pounds of chrome to a sportbike kinda counter to the whole sportbike "lighter, faster, lighter, faster" thing?
Way, Way Shinier!
I'm not normally a chopper guy, but I appreciate the skill and massive amount of work involved in creating something like this. That single-sided swingarm front end is exceedingly cool. A remarkable bike, even if it probably corners about as well as the BUB 'liner.
It Goes All The Way Around, Too!
It does it excruciatingly slowly, though, if it hadn't been for a passing herd of Hooters Girls I'd never have had the patience to wait for the engine-mounted gopher fork to come around.
Gopher Fork?
Anything you miss with that skinny front wheel is gonna stick on these for sure. I wonder if they're difficult to keep sharp?

Still To Come: Vintage Dirt and Street, The Bike I Want Next, The Scooter(!?!) I Want and Gerald "Meets" Nicky the Kid.

4 comments:

  1. crazy bikes.. woah @ that first gigantic one. Wonder if it would corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Brick, long time no see.
    The Guinness record is for a rideable motorcycle (both biggest and smallest), but I don't think they demand razor-sharp handling from either.

    Besides, the new biggest looks an awful lot like a Harley so I assume it corners like one (slowly, with lots of sparks from metal bits dragging on the road).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :)

    Well, those are pics from an earlier ride. I went through DV in the first week of Sept and the temperature was over 115F. Nice experience though, my tolerance levels for heat is much higher than cold and.. I've never drank so much water in any ~150 mi ride :) Or probably never even during one whole day ;-) Dry & sweaty, open visor, get burned, close visor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that copper bike is wild. just a tad more intricate than my virago.

    I'm doing some fabrication tomorrow- im totally ready to chop this thing.

    ReplyDelete