06 October, 2006

friday









At last, there will be a pause in the work.
My gear is packed. Time to go ridin'.

And much needed it is, too. September was a tough one.
I took my bike in for a (fairly significant) service. I keep telling myself about the hundreds of dollars in labor I saved by having them do a few other things while the bike was already taken apart, it helps me to sleep. Damn, it was going to be a spendy service call in the first place (after 80,000 miles stuff is wearing out), but, I mean... Daaayyyummm.

The day, the very day I took my bike to the shop my computer puked up its guts and began not being a computer anymore. AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Luckily, I had a houseguest who did some time as an IT wage-slave before skipping the country for a six-month orbit of the Pacific (which all four of you good readers know about because there's a link to his blog in the sidebar of this one), and he (Hi Thom! Thanks again!) was able to beat it into submission with a broken beer bottle and this weird little rubber mushroom he got in Japan.

So it's time.
Saturday morning (I may sleep in my Aerostitch and helmet just to save time) as soon as I'm conscious enough to operate a motor vehicle (read: after 2 cups of black coffee - Peruvian this week, those Peruvians really know their stimulants) I'm out of here. Meet Thom by the side of the road outside of Ellensburg and then right outta cell range as fast as (legally - Hi Mom!) possible.

Watch here for words soon and over at cohovision for the movie in a week or two.

2 comments:

  1. Be careful!

    THAT WASN'T A MUSHROOM!

    But yes, Uncle Thom is a great guy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what you can do with a broken bottle these days. thanks for the props mi amigo.

    ReplyDelete